Cash Passport MasterCard
Introducing the new Cash Passport MasterCard Currency Card.
Cash Passport is a prepaid MasterCard® card that can be pre-loaded with your spending money and then used at over 2 million ATMs, shops and restaurants worldwide as well as online, outside of Japan.
Available in five currencies (GB£, EU€, US$, AU$ and JP¥) you can lock-in your rate each time you reload your EU€, US$, AU$ or GB£ Cash Passport.
Simply visit the nearest branch of a participating bank to prepay and go!
Features and Benefits
Your Cash Passport is PIN and signature protected. Should the worst happen and you lose your card, or it is stolen, don’t worry we will cancel the card and replace the balance.
- PIN and signature protected
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance including card replacement and emergency cash if your cards are lost or stolen.
- Peace of mind as the card is not linked to a bank account.
- Withdraw local currency at over 2 million ATMs displaying the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark worldwide or pay directly as merchants (including shops, restaurants, entertainment venues and online) displaying the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark. Please note your Cash Passport cannot be used in Japan.
- Lock in your exchange rate each time you reload to avoid fluctuations while you’re abroad plus clear charges give you control to manage your budget.
- No bank account information required to obtain and start using your Cash Passport, just photograph ID i.e. your passport or driving licence.
- Powerful online management of your account with transaction details, ATM locator and more.
- Use your unspent funds on your next trip, withdraw the balance from an ATM outside of Japan or cashout your card (fees apply).
You can easily reload your Cash Passport with more funds ahead of your next trip or use it as a savings plan during its four year life.
Load your card by taking it with valid Photo ID to a branch of Travelex or any participating branch of the bank, travel agent or retailer where you bought it.
You will also be able to reload online from anywhere in the world here.
You may also be able to reload at an ATM in Japan, over the phone or via internet banking, if your bank account has these facilities. To find out how, please click here.
Your Cash Passport is valid for four years and reloadable as many times as you want.
How to use the Cash Passport MasterCard
Fees and Limits of the Cash Passport MasterCard