How to Replace or Cashout your Cash Passport Card


Before your Cash Passport expires, take your Card and valid government issued photo ID back to the travel agent or retailer where you bought it to transfer any remaining balance to a new one. Please check your User Guide for any applicable fees.

For Quebec only: A Card will be available for re-issue on the expiry date without it affecting the remaining balance on the Card. You can request a replacement Card from a distributing branch, should you wish to be re-issued a replacement Card on or following the expiry date. Prior to the issue of a replacement Card with a new expiry date, you may be asked to produce satisfactory identification.


If your Cash Passport is lost or stolen, contact Card Services immediately, so they can cancel it and organise a free replacement. Rest assured, your balance is PIN protected and if you have a second Card, you can still access those funds with the additional Card.


If you would prefer not to keep your Card for another trip, you can cashout and close your Card.

You can cashout and withdraw your remaining balance from an ATM displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark, and assuming the balance is within the withdrawal limits of your Card and any issuing limits of the ATM. You can then call Card Services to close your Card.

Alternatively, your purchase location can close your Card and refund any remaining balance, less any applicable fees. Simply take your Cash Passport and valid government issued photo ID back to the place where you bought your Card. Please refer to your User Guide for any applicable fees.

Please note: Not all CAA Clubs and Transat locations provide a cashout option.  You may wish to call your CAA club or Transat location first to determine the best way to cashout your Card.


MasterCard® Cash Passport is issued by Peoples Trust Company pursuant to licence by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.