Our new prepaid currency card is the smart way to carry your travel money, and a better value alternative to using debit or credit cards abroad. Simply load a Cash Passport Card with the currency of your choice and when you’re travelling, use your Card to withdraw money from 1.9 million MasterCard® ATMs worldwide or to pay for goods and services in shops, restaurants and hotels around the globe, displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark (other than in India, Nepal and Bhutan, or for payment of goods in Indian Rupee or the currencies of Nepal and Bhutan).
Available in three currencies (British Pounds, Euros and US Dollars), you can lock in your exchange rate each time you reload. Simply visit your local Federal Bank branch or authorised agent, appointed by Federal Bank, to prepay and go.++
++ Please note that any loads or reloads are made at the relevant exchange rate on the day that the load is processed (this varies from day to day).
Your Federal Bank Cash Passport is not linked to your bank account and comes with 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance. If your Cash Passport Card is lost or stolen, please contact Card Services immediately, so that they can cancel it. If both your Cards are lost or stolen, Card Services can offer assistance, including emergency cash replacement up to the available balance on your Cards (subject to availability).
- Chip and PIN protected
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance, including free Card replacement if both your Cards are lost or stolen
- Peace of mind, as the Card is not linked to your bank account
- Free second backup Card provided
- Withdraw local currency at 1.9 million MasterCard ATMs worldwide, or use your Card to pay directly for goods and services at over 29 million merchants, wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark (other than in India, Nepal and Bhutan, or for payment of goods in Indian Rupee or the currencies of Nepal and Bhutan)
- Locking in the value of your Card balance, whenever you (re)load your Cash Passport Card, could help you to avoid exchange rate fluctuations and variances while you’re abroad, and clear charges give you the control to manage your budget
- No bank account information is required to obtain and start using your Federal Bank Cash Passport
- Manage your Card online, with secure visibility of balance and transaction details, and services like an ATM locator
- Use any unspent funds on your next trip, withdraw the balance from an ATM abroad or cash out your Card (fees apply)+.
You can easily reload your Federal Bank Cash Passport with more funds, ahead of your next trip, until the Card expiry date. Simply top up in-store at any participating Federal Bank branch or authorised agent in India.+
- Valid until expiry date on the Card and reloadable as often as you want - within the limits of the Card+
- Register your mobile phone number in ‘My Account‘ to receive low balance text alerts* when available
+ Until Card expiry and subject to reload limits (see Fees and Limits table). Limits are subject to FEMA regulations. Subject to surrender restrictions, imposed by the Reserve Bank of India.
* Network operator charges may apply.
HOW DOES FEDERAL BANK CASH PASSPORT COMPARE TO TRAVELLERS CHEQUES?
The Federal Bank Cash Passport is much more convenient than travellers cheques, because you can use it to withdraw money directly from millions of MasterCard ATMs and to make direct payments to millions of merchants worldwide (other than in India, Nepal and Bhutan, or for payment of goods in Indian Rupee or the currencies of Nepal and Bhutan), displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. You can also reload the Card with more funds, ahead of your next trip. Like travellers cheques, you lock in the exchange rate on the day of (re)load, thereby avoiding possible exchange rate fluctuations or variances (when used in the currency of your destination) during your trip and allowing for tighter budget management.
HOW DOES FEDERAL BANK CASH PASSPORT COMPARE TO CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS?
As the Federal Bank Cash Passport is not linked to any of your bank or credit card accounts, these accounts remain totally separate. Also, the Card doesn’t have your name or any other personal details on it, so your identity is secure if the Card is lost or stolen. Cash Passport is available in foreign currencies for major destinations, allowing you to lock in the rates of exchange at the time of (re)load, so you know how much you have to spend when making a purchase or cash withdrawal abroad (when undertaken in the currency of the Card), rather than be subject to exchange rate fluctuations.
The Federal Bank Cash Passport Card is available instantly and is supported by the 24/7 Card Services team. The Federal Bank Cash Passport fees and charges are clear (see Fees and Limits table) – for example, you’ll know exactly how much an ATM withdrawal will cost you, allowing for accurate budgeting.
Federal Bank Cash Passport™ is issued by The Federal Bank Limited, pursuant to license by MasterCard International. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.